BUY THE BOOK
St. Martin's Paperbacks
St. Martin's Press
ISBN: 9781429988698192 Pages
25 MEDICAL TESTS YOUR DOCTOR SHOULD TELL YOU ABOUT ...and 15 You Can Do Yourself is an easy-to-use, up-to-date, A-to-Z guide that is a must-have reference book for any home library. This compact guide will give families the basic information they need in the most everyday medical situations, and allow readers to approach doctor visits not with fear, but with the confidence of an informed patient.
Author Deborah Mitchell has provided the essential information about both common and uncommon medical testings, and the key information required for understanding, including:
• Simple screenings that could save your life
• Specialized tests for every member of your family
• How to tell if the risks of a test outweigh the benefits.
• Tips on choosing the best home testing kits
• The latest in prevention and diagnosis of common medical conditions
• The best way to prepare for tests and how to interpret the results
The book includes basic facts about conditions and diseases such as cancers, asthma, bronchitis, high cholesterol and many others.