The Pornified Man
• Preoccupied. Men look at pornography more than they look at any other subject online.
• Dissatisfied. Less than a third of men say pornography improves their sex lives, yet many find themselves getting pulled into harder and harder pornography to keep the initial buzz going.
The Pornified Woman
• Reshaped. Six out of ten women state that pornography affects how men expect them to look and behave (and four in ten men agree).
• Betrayed. One-third of women see men using pornography as cheating in absolutely all cases.
The Pornified Couple
• Distant. Nearly half of women describe fallout
in relationships because of pornography; only one-third of men say the same thing. Couples describe a breakdown in closeness and a growing absence of trust.
• Broken. Of the sudden rise in divorces related to the
Internet, more than half were the result of a spouse looking at excessive amounts of pornography online.
The Pornified Family
• Exposed. Among eighteen-to-twenty-four-year-olds, who came of age with Internet pornography, more than half say it’s hard to go online without seeing porn. Eleven million Internet pornography users are under the age of eighteen.
• Sexed up. A quarter of adults believe that the greatest effect porn is having on kids is it’s making kids more likely to have sex earlier than they might have.