$23.99Request Exam Copy Request Desk Copy
The rapid growth of the Web has meant having to rely on style guides intended for print publishing, but these guides do not address the new challenges of communicating online. From Yahoo!, a leader in online content and one of the most visited Internet destinations in the world, comes the definitive reference on the essential elements of Web style for writers, editors, bloggers, and students.
With topics that range from the basics of grammar and punctuation to Web-specific ways to improve writing for the web, this comprehensive resource will help students:
- Shape text for online reading
- Construct clear and compelling copy
- Write eye-catching and effective headings
- Develop a website’s unique voice
- Streamline text for mobile users
- Optimize webpages to boost chances of appearing in search results
- Create better blogs and newsletters
- Learn easy fixes for writing errors
- Write clear user-interface text
This essential sourcebook—based on internal editorial practices that have helped Yahoo! writers and editors for the last fifteen years—is now ultimate sourcebook for students of the Web.