1. 1. If you won the lottery, what would you do with your newfound wealth?
I’d give half to charity, buy a farm, adopt twenty dogs, build a dream kitchen and travel the world eating every cuisine under the sun.
2. What book, movie, TV show, or album has changed your life, and how?
This might sound sort of snobby and pretentious, but David Foster Wallace’s commencement speech in 2005 at Kenyon College. His speech was all about navigating the mundane and boring world, post college graduation. It completely changed my view on how I approach my day-to-day life.
3. Who's your favorite fictional character, and why?
Elizabeth Bennet. She was funny, sweet and strong-willed. And her relationship with her father reminds me of the one I have with my own father.
4. Besides being an author, what is your fantasy job?
This probably has something to do with watching the movie Ghost way too many times as a kid, but in my fantasy world, I’d be an amazingly talented pottery maker.
5. What do you enjoy doing the most with your free time?
I love going on food adventures with my boyfriend, Joshua. He’s as--if not more--obsessed with food than I am. He’ll do some online research and we’ll get in the car and drive however far is needed to try something that’s new to us. It’s the best way to spend an afternoon.