1. If you won the lottery, what would you do with your newfound wealth?
TRAVEL, travel, travel!!! And, of course, I'd invest a bit in the Popshop.
2. If your novel were made into a movie or television series, who would you like to see in the cast?
Cate Blanchett—Lemon Basil
George Clooney—Lime Mint
Leonardo DiCaprio—Rosemary Grape
Danny DeVito—Banana Chocolate
Nicole Kidman—Blackberry Lime Verbena
I can continue....
3. What book, movie, TV show, or album has changed your life, and how?
Ishtar. The funniest first twenty minutes of any film I've ever seen. Confirmation I'd met the guy I would marry? When my husband, then boyfriend, agreed.
4. Who's your favorite fictional character?
5. Who's your present celebrity crush? Name a past (and hopefully embarrassing) celebrity crush.
Anyone who knew me when I was twelve will remember the Moonlighting posters. Was it odd for a kid to be obsessed with Bruce Willis in that era? I think not. Today. It's Sarah Silverman.
6. What was the worst job you've ever had?
Working at the now-defunct Stroud's linen warehouse when I was fifteen. Not the most dynamic environment for a teenager. I learned how to fold towels and shove comforters onto shelves like a champ.
7. Besides being an author, what is your fantasy job?
Running the Popshop and making in national or global! If not, I'd be creating museum exhibitions about food.