An interactive book of fully-removable facsimilie letters written by World War II soldiers to their families and friends back home
History comes alive in this beautifully produced four color scrapbook of World War II letters and other documents. The reader will be able to hold in their hands and read twenty authentic letters written by soldiers to their loved ones waiting in America. The book covers the war from Pearl Harbor to V-E and V-J Days, chronicling American involvement both on the fronts and at home. The correspondence includes:
* a worm's eye view of basic training
* a love letter to a fiance left back home
* a WAC's perspective on the North African front
* the dreaded Western Union telegram that announced a son had been wounded overseas
* a jubilant letter recording first impressions of the Japanese surrender
From Foxholes and Flight Decks is a book to experience, not just read.