In the past decade, home coffee roasting has gone from a small but growing trend to an increasingly mainstream audience. Still, for many in the current generation of coffee lovers, roasting remains a mysterious process. In this completely revised, expanded edition of his classic Home Coffee Roasting, James Beard Award nominated Kenneth Davids reveals the secrets to simple, quality home roasting.
Home Coffee Roasting provides insightful, easy-to-follow guidelines for every step in the process:
- The new home roasters: how to evaluate and use them
- A resource guide for green beans and home-roasting equipment
- Best techniques for storing green beans
- Tips on perfecting a roast
- How to create your own blend
With David's charming blend of commentary on coffee, the history of roasting and connoisseurship, how-to instructions, copious illustrations, and an invaluable resource guide, this revised, expanded edition of Home Coffee Roasting is the one necessary book for every true coffee lover.