Understand Your Food Allergies and Intolerances
Wayne Shreffler, MD, Qian Yuan, MD, and Karen Asp
When should I suspect that I’m allergic to certain foods?
What is the difference between an allergy and an intolerance?
Who is most at risk of developing food sensitivities and allergies?
What are the best strategies for managing my allergies?
When should I see a specialist and which kind?
Will there ever be a cure for food allergies and sensitivities?
Discover the most up-to-date methods for recognizing and dealing with food sensitivities—and living a healthier life—safely, smartly, and effectively with
UNDERSTANDING YOUR FOOD ALLERGIES AND INTOLERANCES
This unique self-care guide includes:
- COMMON SYMPTOMS AND REACTIONS to help you evaluate your specific food allergies and intolerances
- SELF-ASSESSMENTS AND TESTS for you to determine at home or with your doctor the severity of your reactions
- STEP-BY-STEP GUIDELINES for managing your food sensibilities by watching your diet, reading food labels, and making smart choices when you eat out
- DAY-TO-DAY STRATEGIES for dealing with lactose intolerance, celiac disease, peanut allergies, fructose intolerance, and other common conditions
- CUTTING-EDGE REFERENCE TOOLS to keep you up-to-date on the latest breakthroughs and advice—so you can take charge of your health and feel your best!