The UNCLE SAM DIET is based on the new 2005 US Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Based on solid science, it’s an eating style that you can stay with and thrive on. No gimmicks here, and no fads. Dr. Keith Ayoob, a registered dietitian and associate professor at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York, uses the USDA’s new dietary guidelines to design an eating plan based on good, wholesome foods. It’s simple…it’s safe…and it works!
* Lots of good foods—from all food groups–so you never feel hungry.
* Weekly menus for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks–you can even have a latte or two!
* Huge, hungry man’s servings of vegetables and fruits–every day.
* Delicious whole grains–muffins, breads, bagels and more.
* Nutritious snacks for hunger attacks Got kids? Great! These guidelines are good for anyone age 2 and older.
The new Dietary Guidelines are chock-full of great changes for you and your family. Dr. Ayoob takes the "nutrition-ese" out of the government’s gobbledygook and gives you meal plans and recipes that are easy to use and delicious. The result? This Uncle Sam is here to stay.
“Obesity is a disease of excess–excess calories and excess sedentary activities. The cure is to balance calories in with calories out.”–Keith Ayoob (quoted in IFIC, Food Insight, March/April 2003)