Stop the nagging and learn to really communicate with your child.
We all want to be appreciated and understood, and that goes for children too. Using that critical concept as a starting point, Meg Schneider shows you how to build a strong relationship with your child, based on love and respect. Discover techniques to:
* Win an argument in a way that lets your child feel like a winner
* Inspire him to live up to his responsibilities
* Encourage honesty and openness
* Avoid humiliating her by saying the wrong thing
* Offer effective comfort when she is sad or experiences a loss
* Curb misbehavior
* Promote sibling harmony
* Build self-esteem
* Set liveable limits for yourself and your child
* Model your own behavior-- the most effective parenting tool there is
Through the insightful exploration of both the apparent problem and the deeper issues at stake, you will learn why a particular technique works so well for both parent and child. Three age-appropriate scenarios will follow each technique, putting the principles learned into practice, and offering well-illustrated solutions for almost any parenting dilemma. You will feel both enlightened and empowered by your ability to understand and take loving and constructive action.