Get The Real Story On The Woman America Loves To Hate
Quick with comebacks, slinging zingers and dispensing advice, Dr. Laura is today's hottest radio personality. Sixty-thousand people call her syndicated talk show every day hoping to get on the air to be abused and berated. Twenty-million people tune in to hear what Dr. Laura might say next. And 2.5 million people have bought her bestselling advice books. But few of those listeners and readers know the truth about the woman behind the mike-and a life filled with contradictions, cover-ups, and shocking secrets. Now this unauthorized and unexpurgated biography dares to tell about the marriage she destroyed, the friends she betrayed, the family she abandoned, and the lies she tells. . .
Read, in stunning detail, about:
* The childhood that haunts her with a legacy of unhappiness
* Her first marriage and quick divorce, a break-up she hides while she chastises callers for leaving relationships
* Her current husband, the once-happily married professor she chased-and caught
* Her private practice, and the former patients who say their therapist is the one who needs help
* The puzzling estrangement from the mother and sister she shuns off the air, while preaching family values during her show
* The bizarre behavior that has provoked rumors about the fragile woman behind the hard-talking public persona
* And much, much more!