Be Ready For An Extraordinary Year of Growth...
What should I read to my one-year-old? My toddler suddenly stopped trying to talk; is something wrong? How can I tell if my child is gifted? Climbing, walking, getting into everything, how do I keep my one-year-old safe?
Raising a one-year-old is exhausting, frustrating-and exciting! This expert guide to one of your child's most crucial periods of growth comes from the trusted editors of Parents, America's #1 family magazine since 1926. Like the words of a wise friend, its sensible advice brings you the most effective, positive ways of encouraging your toddler as she moves from baby steps to all-out running, from her first simple word to full sentences. This essential resource to a one-year-old's physical, emotional, and cognitive milestones provides the information and inspiration you need to raise a healthy, happy child.
Don't miss these features:
- Do Say/Don't Say (scripts of responses to various situations)
- Is There a Problem? (signs of possible developmental delays)
- Safety First (childproofing and parent alerts)
- How It Feels to Be Me (common scenarios explained from a child's perspective)
- Parenting tips for this stage of your child's growth
- Strategies, games, and activities that enhance development