With more than 50,000 copies sold, this completely updated edition is one of the most essential and bestselling books on the subject
The Breast Cancer Survival Manual , third edition, is newly revised to contain all of the latest findings that women diagnosed with breast cancer need to participate in developing the most effective treatment plan. This new edition includes the most current advice on
- tamoxifen, herceptin, and other chemotherapy options
- the growing importance of Her-2 oncogene testing
- clinical research trials under way that could broaden treatment options
- the role of preventative drugs and prophylactics for those with genetic high risk for breast cancer
- Sentinal Lymph Node sampling, a new method of local cancer control
Updated information on the nature and biology of breast cancer, choosing a treatment team, managing side effects, and optimizing medication are also included. The Breast Cancer Survival Manual continues to be a must-have for any woman seeking honest, accurate, and easily understandable information about managing breast cancer today.