Are you uncomfortable—even afraid—about the prospect of speaking before a group of people? Do you have trouble getting your message across? When you speak, do others listen, or can you feel their attention wandering?
Effective communication is essential in business and in everyday life. The most powerful communicators reach not just our minds but our hearts: They win our trust. You can learn to impress and persuade other people by following Bert Decker’s program in You’ve Got to Be Believed to Be Heard.
In this revised and updated edition of his bestselling book, he distills his expertise into a fresh new approach to speaking, with examples and how-to exercises that anyone can follow. Decker rounds out the behavioral focus of the first edition to include his powerful tool to organize content. Now you can learn to create focused, listener-based messages in half the time. Spend a few evenings with this complete book of speaking, and you will discover how to win the emotional trust of others—the true basis of communicating in any situation.
· How to conquer “stage fright”
· How to inject dynamic energy into your voice
· Why eye contact helps win trust
· When and how to use humor to make a point
· A proven technique to eliminate “Umm” and “Ahh” from your speech
· A process to quickly organize your thoughts into a focused message
· How to move your communications from information to influence
· How to make an impact and be yourself—to an audience of one or one hundred
· Eight steps to transforming your communications experience