A Season on the Brink—a book about Bob Knight—is the bestselling sports book of all time. Here is the only book that can surpass it—a book about Bob Knight by Bob Knight.
In college basketball, the name Bob Knight is synonymous with greatness and winning. Just take a glance at the Knight file. The numbers and achievements that prove what he has done, not only for Indiana University, but for the game itself, are there in black and white. In this riveting memoir, Coach Knight talks about his extraordinary basketball career, addressing both the public triumphs and the highly publicized controversies, often providing his side of the story for the first time.
His story begins with the most public and painful event in his life: his front-page dismissal as Indiana University’s basketball coach after 29 years in that position. But the story of Bob Knight is so much more than that. Above all, it is a story about one man’s tremendous success. How did he become the head coach at Army at the age of 24? How did he build a dynasty at Indiana? What principles has he lived by—and coached by—that kept the best players coming to Indiana to play for him?
Knight:My Story reveals a very personal and until now unseen part of Bob Knight’s life. His legions of fans will all line up to learn more about him.
Bob Knight has shown time and again that he is the most well-known coach in college basketball:
• He has won over 700 games (618 with Indiana University)
• He has been National Coach of the Year four times
• He coached ten Big Ten MVPs
• He is the only coach who can boast an NCAA Championship, NIT Title, the Pan American Gold, and the Olympic gold medal
• He was inducted into the National Basketball Hall of Fame in 1991
• He graduated 98% of his players
• He maintains a remarkable .737 winning record