BUY THE BOOK
St. Martin's Griffin
St. Martin's Press
ISBN: 9780312605810272 Pages
Barnes & Noble
A straightforward, engaging, up-to-date guide to migraine and its treatment.
For millions of Americans, migraine headaches are a debilitating part of every day. As top neurologists specializing in headache pain at Brigham and Women's Hospital and The Faulkner Hospital in Boston, Elizabeth Loder, MD, MPH, and Paul Rizzoli, MD, are at the forefront of new research related to migraine management and treatment. In THE MIGRAINE SOLUTION, they'll provide clear, current, reliable information to meet the unmet needs of the headache patient, while also clarifying some of the 'myths' of headache management. Along with Liz Neporent, seasoned health journalist and lifetime migraine sufferer, they will provide readers with all of the guidance they need to alleviate their migraines for good, including:
- Understanding migraine triggers
- Self-evaluation questionnaires and symptom-trackers
- Cheat sheets, wallet cards, and migraine logs
- Over-the-counter vs. prescription drug treatment
- Herbal/vitamin treatment and complementary/alternative medicine
- Lifestyle treatments including diet, exercise, sleep, and meditation
- Emergency pain management
- Special circumstances: women and children
- Essential Harvard resources and FAQs
What Are the Different Types of Headaches?
In the first season of the TV show Lost, Sawyer, one of the main characters, experienced headaches. What caused these headaches seemed to...