Susan Shapiro Barash’s provocative new book examines the most difficult challenges any woman faces when raising daughters. Sample chapters include:
• What color would you like that Prada bag in? (material indulgence)
• Do you need to be eating that? (fixations on food and weight)
• Of course you can drink when you’re home with me (loose boundaries and rules)
• I know she’s your friend but… (underestimating female friendships)
• I’ll just say you aren’t feeling well (making excuses)
• And much more.