BUY THE BOOK
Henry Holt and Co.
ISBN: 9781466806184560 Pages
The definitive guide to the gluten-free lifestyle, completely revised and updated for the 2.2 million Americans with celiac disease
According to a landmark 2003 National Institutes of Health study, 2.2 million Americans suffer from celiac disease, an allergy to the protein gluten found in wheat. Since this book was first published in 1995 (as Against the Grain), Jax Peters Lowell has been helping celiacs follow a gluten-free diet with creativity, resourcefulness, and humor.
This edition includes chapters covering
- the latest research into celiac disease, and myths that have
- how to eat out happily, including a short course in restaurant
- how to eat in happily, including a discussion of online and
mail order suppliers and negotiating the supermarket as a celiac
- dozens of delicious new recipes
- drugs, cosmetics, and other products tested for celiac-safety
- a thoroughly updated resource section
Tens of thousands of celiacs have already enhanced their lives with Lowell's authoritative, witty, and practical guide. The Gluten-free Bible promises to bring relief to the new gluten-intolerant generation.