Manhattan is touristy; Brooklyn is turning mainstream; and Queens is now the up-and-coming borough in New York. With food from every corner of the world, major sporting venues, quirky nightlife, and rich history and cultural institutions to boot, Queens has just about everything a visitor could want. This handy reference explores Queens neighborhood by neighborhood, and even those familiar with the borough will discover new hidden gems that they never knew existed.
This guidebook includes:
* Detailed coverage and maps of the major neighborhoods like Astoria, Jackson Heights, Long Island City, Forest Hills, and Sunnyside
* Daytrips to interesting but more far-flung spots in the borough like Jamaica Bay National Wildlife Refuge
* The best restaurants serving every possible type of cuisine
* Cultural attractions and nightlife spots worth the subway fare from Manhattan.
* Contributions from major figures in the community, including the president of Queens College and the director of PS1.