Five years ago, America’s leading baby-name experts, Pamela Redmond Satran and Linda Rosenkrantz, wrote a hip little book to answer the question they were asked most frequently: “What are the cool names?” Cool marches on, so it’s time for a fresh new look at the latest trends, including:
• Little Caesars: Led by celebrities (from Daniel Baldwin’s Atticus to Julia Roberts’s Phinnaeus), Latinate boys’ names are hot, hot, hot
• Scarlet Ladies: Sexy siren names, from Lola and Scarlett to biblical bad girls Salome and Delilah
• Hollywood Squared: Golden Age silver-screen glamour is in, from Ava to Gable, as in Clark
• Thunderbolts: Brisk and bold one-syllable boys’ names like Colt, Cade, Trent, and Stone.
• Vowel Names: As in Addison, Ella, Oliver, and Olivia.
Plus the coolest baby-name ideas you won’t find anywhere else: Coolest Flower Name, Coolest Royal Name, Coolest Palindrome Name, Coolest Fruit Name, Coolest Poet Name. Inspired, fun, and exciting, the new Cool Names has all of the hottest names for babies.
“The up-to-the-minute word on what’s hot and what’s not from ‘the arbiters of hip baby names.’”
---The Wall Street Journal
“Part advice manual, part pop sociology text...Satran and Rosenkrantz have a pretty solid record of prognosticating.”
---The New York Times Magazine
Pamela Redmond Satran and Linda Rosenkrantz