Finally, a Dr. Spock for College Parents
Does your daughter call home in tears over the latest "crisis," leaving you feeling helpless and concerned? Is your son confused about his major? When children leave for college many parents feel uncertain about their shifting role. By emphasizing the importance of being a mentor, Don't Tell Me What to Do, Just Send Money shows that parents may have lost control over their college student, but they haven't lost influence.
Brimming with humorous case examples and realistic dialogues, this comprehensive guide covers the fundamental college issues, including:
* Preparing for College: what to bring, how to stay in touch, and how to handle money
* Adjusting Socially: roommates, stress, time management, and Greek life
* The Search for Identity: intimate relationships, choosing a major, and lifestyle and value decisions
* Handling Crises: depression, drug and alcohol abuse, dropping out, and eating disorders
* Postgraduate Choices: job hunting, internships, and graduate schools