Unanimous Acclaim for David Lawrence
"Rough dialogue, intricate plotting, and cascading suspense...Readers are sure to want to see more of the memorable Stella."
- Publishers Weekly (starred review) on The Dead Sit Round in a Ring
- Library Journal (starred review) on Cold Kill
"Unique...Lawrence's stylish, intelligent prose and complex characters mark him as a rising star."
- Kirkus Reviews (starred review) on Nothing Like the Night
"Lawrence, a published poet, writes with a delicacy and restraint rare in the genre.... That's a voice you want to hear again."
- Marilyn Stasio, The New York Times Book Review on The Dead Sit Round in a Ring
"Fluently written, imaginative, tightly paced, and drenched in Zeitgeist. In the combination of police procedural, sociology, and hard-boiled lyricism, Lawrence recalls Ed McBain."
- The Independent (UK) on Down into Darkness
"Striking...earns pride of place deep in the darkest circle of noir, down past Ian Rankin and John Harvey to the shadows where lurk Ken Bruen and Derek Raymond."
- Booklist (starred review) on The Dead Sit Round in a Ring
"Deserves more recognition from American readers who have taken up Ian Rankin and Ken Bruen. Think Helen Mirren in Prime Suspect. This book should be on every mystery lover's reading list."
- Rocky Mountain News (Grade A) on Cold Kill