The national bestseller about achieving sexual satisfaction-the book that is fast becoming an essential reference for women throughout the country
For Women Only is the antidote to what women have been told for years, that their sexual problems are all in their heads. Dr. Jennifer Berman, one of the few female urologists in the United States, and her sister, Dr. Laura Berman, a sex therapist, wrote this comprehensive handbook to help the whole woman by examining all facets of women's sexual health, to arm them with the information they need about their bodies and sexual responses, and to provide them with the full spectrum of options for treatment. This is a book to take to a doctor, to give to a partner, and to share with other women.
Four in ten women of all ages in the United States experience some kind of sexual problem at some point in their lives. The Bermans founded one of the first clinics in the country dedicated to the treatment of female sexual dysfunction, and in For Women Only they draw on their own research and clinical findings to show that sexual complaints do not have to be endured, but are in fact highly treatable.
Among the topics the Drs. Berman address in For Women Only:
- Viagra and drugs like it: Will they work for women?
- The debate over the cause of female sexual dysfunction: physical, psychological, or both?
- What's behind the lag in sex research for women
- How doctors deal with female sexual complaints
- Sexual problems as a couples' issue
- The important role testosterone plays in female sexual function
- Assessing your sexual function and enhancing sexual arousal and pleasure