If you make a grammatical mistake, you might never know it--but your boss, you teacher, or your client will. And they won't forget it.
This easy-to-use handbook contains 101 simple rules that will help make students' writing letter-perfect—without the headache of complicated jargon.
Students and other readers of Grammar 101 will find dozens of useful tools and exercises herein, and will learn:
· How to notice slips between its and it's; their and they're—and other common mistakes no spell-checker will catch
· How fragments, double negatives, and run-on sentences weaken one's writing
· The distinctions between lie and lay, sit and set, rise and raise, and other frequently confused words
· Why it's easy to eliminate one of the most common mistakes in the English language—the misplaced apostrophe
· How to put punch into one's punctuation and grace into one's grammar with the dozens of tools and exercises the this book
The book that gives you well-groomed writing without wasting your time, Grammar 101 deserves a place in your briefcase, bookshelf , or bookbag.