In 1988, Michael Parness followed a stockbroker's advice and lost nearly all of his nest egg of $150,000. In 1999, he opened an online brokerage account and set out to get his money back. In fifteen months, he turned $33,000 into $7 million, started the online trading Web site TrendFund.com, and developed a trading strategy that delivers profits in both bull and bear markets.
In Rule the Freakin' Markets, Parness uses visual aids and practice exercises to show online traders and investors how to:
- Practice responsible trading techniques that maximize reward and limit risk
- Avoid the "Seven Deadly Sins Plus Fear" that block success in the market
- Protect investments no matter what the market does
- Understand how market technology drives daily and cyclical market moves
- Avoid the pitfalls of trading in cyberspace
- Recover and learn from significant losses
- Strategize and anticipate, rather than overreact or freeze, when change occurs
- And finally, live full and satisfying lives as traders
With its lively tone and refreshing approach to trading and investing, Rule the Freakin' Markets is an essential guide to profiting from today's turbulent market.