Official Rules: #Not at NYCC12 Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
This Promotion is Intended For Viewing in The U.S. Only
1. To Enter: To enter, simply visit http://torforge.wordpress.com/2012/07/12/not-at-san-diego-comic-con-sweepstakes (the “Site”) and leave a comment by fully completing the comment form (accessed through the “leave a comment” link) at the Site. Sweepstakes begins October 11, 2012 at 10:00 a.m. ET and all online entries must be received by October 15, 2012 at 12:00 p.m. ET. Limit one entry per person or per household. All entrants must have a valid email address. In case of dispute as to identity of entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet, or ISP unavailability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter this Promotion, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. All entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Random Drawing. From all eligible entries received, a random drawing will be held on or about October 15, 2012 by Sponsor, whose decisions concerning all matters related to this sweepstakes are final. Winners will be notified by e-mail. Winner will be required to provide a physical mailing address for delivery of the prize (no P.O. boxes).
3. Prizes. Five (5) Winners will receive one Wheel of Time backpack (approximate retail value [ARV] $6.40), one HALO patch (ARV $3.49), one hardcover copy each of Article 5 by Kristen Simmons (ARV $17.99), The Battle of Blood and Ink written by Jared Axelrod and illustrated by Steve Walker (ARV $25.99), The Eye of the World: Graphic Novel: Volume 2 Based on the novel by Robert Jordan, written by Chuck Dixon, illustrated by Andie Tong (ARV $24.99), Only Superhuman by Christopher L. Bennett (ARV $24.99), Three Parts Dead by Max Gladstone (ARV $24.99), and The Gift of Fire / On the Head of a Pin by Walter Mosley (ARV $24.99), one trade paperback copy each of The Clockwork Sky Volume One by Madeleine Rosca (ARV $10.99), Earthseed by Pamela Sargent (ARV $9.99), The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan (ARV $15.99), For the Win by Cory Doctorow (ARV $10.99), Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson (ARV $14.95), Green by Jay Lake (ARV $15.99), Halo: Cryptum by Greg Bear (ARV $15.99), Halo: Glasslands by Karen Traviss (ARV $15.99), Johnny Hiro: Half Asian, All Hero written and illustrated by Fred Chao (ARV $16.99), and Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers (ARV $9.99), one mass market paperback copy each of Dead Space: Martyr by Brain Evenson (ARV $7.99), Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card (ARV $5.99), Hellhole by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson (ARV $7.99), Off Armageddon Reef by David Weber (ARV $7.99), Old Man’s War by John Scalzi (ARV $6.99), The Omen Machine by Terry Goodkind (ARV $9.99), The Way of the Kings by Brandon Sanderson (ARV $8.99), and Inside Straight edited by George R.R. Martin (ARV $7.99). ARV of Prize Pack: $355.61. ARV of all prizes: $1778.05. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. If any prize is won by a minor, it will be awarded in the name of minor's parent or legal guardian.
4. Eligibility. Only open to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, age 18 and older. Employees, and members of their families, of Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and its advertising, promotion and production agencies, are not eligible to enter. This promotion is intended for viewing in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the United States.
5. General. If for any reason, (including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes), the Sweepstakes is not capable of being conducted as described in these rules, Sponsor shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Void in Puerto Rico and where otherwise prohibited by law. No cash substitutions, transfer or assignment of prizes allowed, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability. By accepting prize winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his/her name, likeness, hometown, and biographical information in advertising and promotion, including on the Site, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. All taxes and any other expenses on the receipt and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. By accepting a prize, winner releases Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, and agents from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, arising out of participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize.
6. Winners’ List: You may request a list of winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope by October 23, 2012 to Not at NYCC12 Promotion c/o Digital Marketing Department, Tom Doherty Associates, 175 Fifth Avenue, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10010-7848.
7. Sponsor: Tom Doherty Associates, LLC, 175 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10010-7848