Stress is one of the biggest hazards to your health-- it's also one of the most preventable.
Nobody lives a stress-free existence, but too much stress can be highly damaging to our health, affecting both the quality and duration of our lives. Stress has been shown to negatively impact every facet of the body's functioning, causing depression, fatigue, stomach problems, heart palpitations, and scores of other illnesses-- in fact, eighty percent of all doctor visits are stress-related. But stress doesn't have to take over your life-- there are dozens of easy ways to combat stress and bring more peace and productivity into your day,
Now, the trusted and authoritative People's Medical Society outlines the 63 best ways to banish stress and promote well-being, including:
* Effective techniques for coping with everyday stress, from changing your thought-patterns to managing your time to altering your work habits
* On-the-spot relaxation exercises for instant relief
* Changes in diet and exercise, along with vitamin, mineral, and herbal therapies
* Tips about medical, pharmacological, and alternative interventions
* Plus: Essential self-tests to help you understand your stress