• The most up-to-date medical information on type 1, type 2, and gestational diabetes
• Assess the risk factors, get diagnosed, and receive the right treatment from the best possible health-care providers
• Helpful tips for purchasing, storing, and administering insulin
• The emotional challenges of living with diabetes, or caring for a loved one
• Common complications and how to avoid or minimize them
• Control blood-sugar levels with a personalized nutrition plan and exercise program
• Diabetes and pregnancy
• The latest diabetes research and resources
Sign up to receive information about new books, author events, and special offers.
Winifred Conkling is the author or co-author of more than 30 books on health and consumer topics, including Natural Healing for Children and What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Cholesterol (co-authored with Stephen R. Devries, M.D.) She lives in Northern Virginia with her husband and three children. Her youngest child was recently diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.
Deborah MitchellWinifred Conkling