BUY THE BOOK
St. Martin's Griffin
St. Martin's Press
ISBN: 9780312327095304 Pages
Barnes & Noble
PROTECTION PREVENTION REPAIR
Identity theft is the fastest-growing category of crime in the United States today, and dealing with privacy and identity issues has become an essential part of life in our modern society. Each chapter in The Identity Theft Protection Guide contains a self-quiz to identify personal areas of concern, information to help you "take action," and more.
This book shows you how to:
* Minimize the risk of identity theft
* React if your identity is stolen
* Obtain and repair credit and insurance reports, and more
* Deal with direct marketers, junk mailers, and telephone solicitors
* Stop surveillance from GPS devices and cell-phone cameras
* Keep your kids safe online
* And much more!
These valuable survival skills can no longer be considered optional--they are essential for life in today's society. Amanda Welsh's The Identity Theft Protection Guide is the most complete, authoritative, and easy-to-use resource on this crucial topic.
1. Identity, Privacy, and Protection
One day when I was a little girl in the playground several of the bigger kids began to taunt me. "I can see your epidermis! I can see your epidermis!"
I was horrified and embarrassed. With...