Not the Terrible Twos...
But A Simply Terrific Year!
How do I respond when my two-year-old tells me "NO"? Can my son's frequent ear infections be affecting his speech? Should I work on my daughter's math skills now?
Two is that exciting age when your baby becomes a real little person with a will of his/her own! And this special year profoundly shapes your child's way of dealing with the world. Now you can become your two-year-old's best teacher. Advice from the trusted editors of Parents, America's #1 family magazine since 1926, helps you foster your child's new social and motor skills, budding independence, and thirst for knowledge. You will discover how to set safe limits, tame a tantrum, start potty training, and even take your child for a haircut without tears...as well as learn expert ways to encourage empathy and sharing.
Don't miss these features:
· Do Say/Don't Say (scripts of responses to various situations)
· Is There a Problem? (signs of possible developmental delays)
· Safety First (childproofing and parent alerts)
· How It Feels to Be Me (common scenarios explained from a child's perspective)
· Developmental milestones
· A two-year-old's moods and emotions
· Typical behaviors and fears
· Parenting tips for this stage of your child's growth
· Strategies, games, and activities that enhance development