Katie Friedman Gives Up Texting! (And Lives to Tell About It.)
A Charlie Joe Jackson BookCharlie Joe Jackson Series
Tommy Greenwald; illustrated by J. P. Coovert
BUY THE BOOK
On Sale: 01/03/2017
ISBN: 9781250110978256 Pages, Ages 9-12
When a text goes wrong, Katie Friedman learns the hard way that sometimes you need to disconnect to connect.
Here are a few things you need to know about Katie Friedman:
1. Katie is swearing off phones for life! (No, seriously. She just sent the wrong text to the wrong person!)
2. She wants to break up with her boyfriend. (Until, that is, he surprises her with front row tickets to her favorite band, Plain Jane. Now what!?)
3. She wants to be a rock star (It's true. She has a band and everything.)
4. Her best friend is Charlie Joe Jackson. (Yeah, you know the guy.)
5. And most importantly, Katie's been offered the deal of a lifetime—get ten of her friends to give up their phones for one week and everyone can have backstage passes to Plain Jane. (A whole week!? Is that even possible?)
Katie Friedman Gives Up Texting by Tommy Greenwald is a fun and hilarious spinoff from the beloved Charlie Joe Jackson series, starring all your favorite characters.
A BUSY MORNING
Here's what happened before breakfast on Monday, April 23:
I texted Hannah Spivero: I need to talk to you at lunch.
She texted me back: About what?
I texted her back:...
Praise for Katie Friedman Gives Up Texting! (And Lives to Tell About It.)
“Fans of Charlie Joe Jackson's world will enjoy getting to spend more time with these characters.” —School Library Journal
“Readers will be thoroughly amused as [Katie] and her crew, drawn from different strata of the lunchroom hierarchy, navigate life off the network.” —The Bulletin
“Fans of the Charlie Joe Jackson series will enjoy the evolving changes in Charlie Joe and Katie's friendship. With wit and perception, Greenwald reminds readers that there is communication beyond their electronics.” —Kirkus Reviews