7 Secrets of the Newborn
Secrets and (Happy) Surprises of the First Year
Author: Robert C. Hamilton, M.D., with Sally Collings Foreword by Patricia Heaton
From the pediatrician who became an Internet sensation with the “Hamilton Hold” in a YouTube
video about how to calm a crying baby, comes a one-of-a-kind resource to guide you through the earliest moments of your child’s life—and help you to parent with common sense and confidence.
Robert C. Hamilton, M.D., has spent more than three decades caring for newborns. In his practice, Dr. Bob has seen it all—what works, what doesn’t. How can you get your baby to nurse, sleep, and maybe even cease crying? What strategies can help you connect and communicate with your infant? What important decisions will you make during the first year for your child, yourself, and your partner? Here, Dr. Bob shares his clear, sensible, warm advice—as well as all the latest scientific data and research—on how to:
• Offer comfort to a crying newborn using the “Hold”
• Gently teach your baby how to sleep (and get some sleep yourself)
• Establish healthy patterns
• Breastfeed, formula-feed, or bottle-feed using either
• Manage screen time in your home
• And more to help you navigate the unforgettable first year of your child’s life.
St. Martin's Press