Into the Dying LightThe Age of Darkness (Volume 3)
Katy Rose Pool
Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
In Into the Dying Light, the jaw-dropping conclusion to the Age of Darkness trilogy, hearts will shatter, cities will fall, and a god will rise.
"Solidifies Katy Rose Pool's status as one of the best fantasy writers of the 21st century."
—Popsugar on As the Shadow Rises
Following the destruction of the City of Mercy, an ancient god has been resurrected and sealed inside Beru's body. Both are at the mercy of the Prophet Pallas, who wields the god’s powers to subjugate the Six Prophetic Cities. But every day, the god grows stronger, threatening to break free and sow untold destruction.
Meanwhile, far away from Pallas Athos, Anton learns to harness his full powers as a Prophet. Armed with the truth about how the original Prophets killed the god, Anton leads Jude, Hassan, and Ephyra on a desperate quest to the edge of the world. With time running out, the group’s tenuous alliance is beset by mounting danger, tumultuous romance, and most of all by a secret that Anton is hiding: a way to destroy the god at the price of an unbearable sacrifice. But the cost of keeping that secret might be their lives—and the lives of everyone in the Six Prophetic Cities.
The Age of Darkness trilogy is perfect for fans of Throne of Glass, Children of Blood and Bone, and An Ember in the Ashes.
Praise for Into the Dying Light
Praise for As the Shadow Rises
* "Mind-blowing twists, budding love, and terrible betrayals feature in this...study of power, agency, and identity." —Kirkus Reviews, starred review for As the Shadow Rises
"Nailbiting plot twists." —BCCB
Praise for There Will Come a Darkness
A Morris Award Finalist!
FOUR STARRED reviews!
A Tor.com, Kirkus, and Indigo Best Book of the Year!
“A can’t miss debut from an exciting new talent.” — New York Time bestselling author Kiersten White
* "A well-crafted, surprising, and gripping start to a new trilogy." —Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "Masterful . . . full of genuinely surprising and interesting twists that will have readers anxious to get to the last page." —BCCB, starred review
“I dare you not to fall madly in love with the cast of characters.” —New York Times bestselling author Laura Sebastian
"You get the feeling Katy Rose Pool’s plot is always seven steps ahead of you. You’ll want to catch up as quickly as possible." —Refinery 29
* "High stakes, abundant action, and realistic romances." —Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "Set apart by its immersive worldbuilding and compelling narrators." —Shelf Awareness, starred review
"Explosive." —New York Times bestselling author Sara Holland