BUY THE BOOK
St. Martin's Griffin
St. Martin's Press
ISBN: 9781429951821272 Pages
A few words from the author and eponymous columnist behind The Onion's column, "A Room of Jean's Own," Jean Teasdale:
Hi Jeanketeers and Jeanketeers-to-be!! As The Onion's very own Humor and Human-Interest columnist, I've been entertaining readers for 15 years with kooky tales of life with my hubby and our two feline children. Now for the first time, li'l ol' me shines front-and-center in a book of my very own! A Book of Jean's Own! features all-original, never-before-published material, and if that wasn't impressive enough, marks the very first Onion book by a solo writer! Historical, huh? My book is sure to find an eager audience among The Onion's ten-million-strong readership. Wait, ten million people? I had no idea! Frankly, that scares me a little. We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto! (Oh shoot, I should have put that hilarious phrase in my book!)
A Book of Jean's Own! also marks a departure from past Onion books in that it isn't crammed with headlines and articles in teeny-weeny print! Instead, I write about the stuff that really matters: shopping, chocolate, part-time jobs, and hot Hollywood hunks! Whether you read my book on the bus, the beach, or the toilet, you're guaranteed to find something to chuckle at and deeply relate to!
Among the many nuggets of fun:
* I tell you the Twenty Things That Are Better Than Sex!
* For the first time ever, you learn my maiden name!
* I spill the secrets of my scrumptious chocolate-loaded desserts, such as Ooey Gooey Choco-Cocoa-Mocha Cupcakes With Raspberry Filling And Coconut-Cream Cheese-Cola Frosting!
* Acquire valuable, real-world tips on coping with a job you dislike, getting through those rough teenage years, and styling a Jean hairdo of your very own!
* Get a giggle out of my doodles and overdose on the words of wisdom that are my Jean Proverbs!
* You've heard of pity parties—get my tips for throwing your very own self-pity party!
* Check out my own cure for the blues, the Plush Jamboree!
* Witness my nervous breakdown while writing this book (well, writing is hard, after all!)
* Also for the first time ever, Hubby Rick speaks! (Spoiler: It's not entirely in grunts!)
* Lots of exclamation points! (And phrases in parentheses!)
I'm sure every single one of those ten million readers will buy my book! And who knows? They just may find something in it that will help them lead happier and better lives!