BUY THE BOOK
St. Martin's Griffin
St. Martin's Press
ISBN: 9780312291648432 Pages
Barnes & Noble
Donald Gazzaniga, diagnosed with congestive heart failure, was headed for a heart transplant - the only effective medical treatment. Urged by his doctor to keep his sodium intake "under 1,500-2000 mg. a day," Don headed for the kitchen and went to work. Aware that cutting out table salt is the barest beginning of a true low-sodium diet, Don devised recipes for delicious low-sodium dishes that added up to less than 500 mg. daily, 70% lower than those in other low-sodium cookbooks. The result? Don's name has been removed from the transplant list and his doctors believe that his diet played a significant role.
The No-Salt, Lowest-Sodium Cookbook contains:
* Hundreds of good tasting, easy-to-make recipes
* An introduction by Dr. Sandra Barbour of the Kaiser Permanente Foundation
* Advice on finding low-sodium prepared foods, eating in restaurants, etc.
* Accurate sodium content of every ingredient and of the total servings
* A twenty-eight-day low-sodium menu planner by Dr. Jeannie Gazzaniga, Ph.D., R.D.
This book is for informational purposes only. Readers are advised to consult a physician before making any major change in diet.
The No-Salt, Lowest-Sodium Cookbook
NOTE: WHEN A RECIPE MENTIONS ANOTHER RECIPE IN THIS BOOK, THE NAME OF THE OTHER RECIPE APPEARS IN BOLDFACE TYPE. YOU WILL BE ABLE TO FIND ITS PAGE NUMBER...