Moments in Black History that Changed the World
Charles R. Smith Jr.; illustrated by Shane W. Evans
Roaring Brook Press
Each day features a different influential figure in African-American history, from Crispus Attucks, the first man shot in the Boston Massacre, sparking the Revolutionary War, to Madame C. J. Walker, who after years of adversity became the wealthiest black woman in the country, as well as one of the wealthiest black Americans, to Barack Obama, the country's first African-American president.
With powerful illustrations by Shane Evans, this is a completely unique look at the importance and influence of African Americans on the history of this country.
Kansas State Reading Circle, ALSC Notable Children's Books
28 Days author Charles R. Smith, Jr. on Martin Luther King, Jr. & Malcolm X
Author Charles R. Smith, Jr. reads about Martin Luther King, Jr. & Malcolm X from his new book for children, 28 Days.Share This
- 28 Days author Charles R. Smith, Jr. on Martin Luther King, Jr. & Malcolm X
- 28 Days author Charles R. Smith, Jr. on World Explorer Matthew Henson
- 28 Days author Charles R. Smith, Jr. on Pivotal Laws in Black History
- 28 Days author Charles R. Smith, Jr. on Madam C. J. Walker & Oprah Winfrey
- 28 Days author Charles R. Smith, Jr. on Guion "Guy" Bluford & Mae Jemison
Praise for 28 Days
“* Fuelded by childhood memories of hearing the same Black History Month stories about the same people and events told the same way over and over, Smith, sought to convey the importance and relevance of African American contributions and milestones in a fresh, engaging manner . . . An inspiring, fresh take on a perennial topic.” —Booklist, STARRED REVIEW
“Succinct biographical info, included throughout, further cements the value and utility of the project, both in and out of the classroom.” —Publishers Weekly